Read Play My Game (Stark Trilogy #3.7)(10) online free by J. Kenner

Play My Game (Stark Trilogy #3.7)(10)
Author: J. Kenner

Carmela has been silent through our conversation, but now she passes me her phone. It’s open to an email showing the same image, but her message is different. $200,000 by 10 p.m. PST on Feb. 13 or it goes public at dawn on Valentine’s Day. And all the others, too. Wiring instructions to follow. Like my email, this was supposedly sent from Damien.

“I got the same email,” Damien says. “It came from you. Nikki Fairchild Stark.”

“Fuck,” I say, then drag my fingers through my hair. “What does he mean by ‘the others’?”

“More pictures, presumably,” Damien says, and his tone is so calm and so even that I know he is very close to losing it.

“Our blackmailer did not send them.” Carmela finally speaks, her accent almost musical despite the horrific circumstances. “But I imagine they are …”

“More graphic.” My hand reaches for Damien’s. “Yeah. I get that.” I glance between the two of them. “So what now?”

“Now, I go.” Carmela eyes Damien. “You will let me know what you decide?”

“I will.”

With a nod, Carmela moves to a table by the window and picks up her purse, then swings it over her shoulder as if she’s here in the apartment for nothing more than an afternoon coffee. “Nikki, would you mind walking me down?”

Beside me, I feel Damien tense, but he makes no objection.

I hesitate, then step away from Damien and toward Carmela, a woman I’d never thought I would...

Read full: Read Play My Game (Stark Trilogy #3.7)(10) online free by J. Kenner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Read Shopaholic to the Stars (Shopaholic #7)(7) online free by Sophie Kinsella

Read To Touch a Sheikh (Pride of Zohayd #3)(13) online free by Olivia Gates

Read Detective(21) online free by Arthur Hailey