Read Hit List (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #20)(35) online free by Laurell K. Hamilton

Hit List (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #20)(35)
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton

"Yeah."

"You getting the specs I suggested?" he asked; his voice had gone very quiet.

"Yeah," I said, and my voice was doing the same thing. We were talking, but we were also listening. You always did that, even though with wereanimals our most likely bad guy we'd probably never hear them coming. You still strain for it, and try to listen; all the while your eyes are almost hurting because you're looking so hard. I tried to let my gaze relax and just look for movement, just look for anything that didn't look like trees. I needed a shape that was out of place.

"I don't see anything," Edward said, finally.

"Me either," I said.

"Did they do this to keep us from going in with the other marshals, or is this an ambush just for us?" he asked.

"I don't know."

"Three choices," he said.

I kept scanning the trees. The shadows were thick in them. We were maybe an hour and a half from full dark. I said, "We get out and hike to join the hunt, or we stay put, or we back up and get out of here."

"Yep," he said, and I didn't have to turn around to know he was scanning his section as hard as I was scanning mine.

"Can't just stay put," I said.

"No," he said.

"Either they're going to jump us the minute we get away from our truck, or they'll wait until we start hiking through the...

Source from: Read Hit List (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #20)(35) online free by Laurell K. Hamilton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Read Shopaholic to the Stars (Shopaholic #7)(7) online free by Sophie Kinsella

Read To Touch a Sheikh (Pride of Zohayd #3)(13) online free by Olivia Gates

Read Filthy Beautiful Love (Filthy Beautiful Lies #2)(12) online free by Kendall Ryan