Read Missing You(37) online free by Harlan Coben
Author: Harlan Coben
“She saved my life. That’s what she does. She’s strong like that. She’d never just let me go. She would have held on no matter what, even if I took her down with me. And now, well, it’s my turn to hold on. Do you get that?”
Kat nodded slowly. “I do.”
“I’m sorry, Kat. I should have showed you the texts. But if I had, you’d have never listened.”
“Speaking of which.”
“What?”
“You only showed me the one text. There were two.”
He pressed a few buttons on his phone and handed it to her. The text read:
Having a wonderful time. Can’t wait to tell you all about it. I have a big surprise too. Phone reception is terrible. Miss you.
Kat handed him back the phone. “Big surprise. Any idea what that means?”
“No.”
Her cell phone rang. Talk about the perfect interruption—Kat could see from the caller ID that her mother was calling. “I’ll be right back,” Kat said.
She ducked into the bedroom, wondering how long her own mother would last in a riptide, and answered. “Hey, Mom.”
“Ooh, I hate that,” her mother said.
“Hate what?”
Her voice was raspy from too many years of cigarettes. “That you know it’s me before you pick up.”
“It pops up on the caller ID. I’ve explained this to you before.”
“I know, I know, but really, can’t some things remain a mystery? Do we really need to know everything?”
Kat held back the sigh but allowed herself the eye roll. She could picture her mom...
Read more: Read Missing You(37) online free by Harlan Coben
Comments
Post a Comment