Read Detective(24) online free by Arthur Hailey

Detective(24)
Author: Arthur Hailey

Andrews prompted, "And broke down the door?"

She nodded. "He stormed right in like a crazed dog, his click hanging out, and swinging a knife."

Thurston said, "And that's when you shot him?"

"No. I didn't have the gun then, so I gave him a karate kick. He dropped the knife."

"You do karate?"

"Black belt. I let him have it to the head and torso and he went down. Then I got the gun and shot him."

"Where was the gun?"

"In another room. My bedroom, in a drawer."

Thurston was startled. "You mean you already had the guy down, but you still got a gun and shot him emptied it into him six shots?"

The woman hesitated. "Well, I wanted the shit to stay down. He had the knife and was wriggling around. That's why, even after I shot him, I kicked him in the head some."

It explained the sounds light footsteps and thuds that both detectives had heard while approaching the apartment. Andrews said, "But he wasn't wriggling after you shot him."

Gomez shrugged. "I guess not. But I was still pretty scared."

During the detectives' questioning, the paramedics had arrived; it took them only a few seconds to confirm that Quifiones was dead. And two uniform officers were now on duty in the corridor outside. They had sealed off apartment 421 with yellow POLICE LINE tape and were assuring a crowd of assembled tenants: "All the excitement's over, folks," and "Everything's being taken care of."

Malcolm Ainslie had arrived in time to...

Source from: Read Detective(24) online free by Arthur Hailey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Read Shopaholic to the Stars (Shopaholic #7)(7) online free by Sophie Kinsella

Read To Touch a Sheikh (Pride of Zohayd #3)(13) online free by Olivia Gates

Read Detective(21) online free by Arthur Hailey