Read Wife in Public(34) online free by Emma Darcy

Wife in Public(34)
Author: Emma Darcy

She glared at him. ‘I’m not a trophy woman, remember? It’s not me.’ She looked down at the ring on her finger, beginning to feel uncomfortable about that, too.

He put his hand over it to prevent her from taking it off. ‘You’re going to be my wife, Ivy. This ring is part and parcel of that position. I want you to have it. Okay?’

He spoke with soft persuasion but there was inflexible purpose in his eyes, demanding that she surrender to his will on this issue. She heaved a sigh to ease the tightness in her chest and nodded. ‘Okay to the ring. But not to you buying me anything else.’ She was absolutely inflexible herself on that point. The memory of yesterday’s encounter in the Double Bay boutique was too fresh to forget. No way would she invite rotten assumptions to be made about her.

He raised his hand to gently stroke her cheek, which was burning with the ferocity of her feeling. ‘You’re more than good enough for me and I hope you never change,’ he said with what looked like genuine appreciation in his eyes. ‘Wear whatever you like on Saturday night, as long as you also wear this ring because it says what I feel about you for the whole world to see.’

Her pride splintered into a quick apology. ‘Sorry for being so prickly.’ Her eyes pleaded for understanding. ‘I guess it’s a lot to take in all at...

Read here: Read Wife in Public(34) online free by Emma Darcy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Read Shopaholic to the Stars (Shopaholic #7)(7) online free by Sophie Kinsella

Read To Touch a Sheikh (Pride of Zohayd #3)(13) online free by Olivia Gates

Read Filthy Beautiful Love (Filthy Beautiful Lies #2)(12) online free by Kendall Ryan