Read Torn (Trylle #2)(33) online free by Amanda Hocking

Torn (Trylle #2)(33)
Author: Amanda Hocking

“Princess?” Duncan waited at the open doors for me. “Is everything all right?”

“Would you die to save me?” I asked him bluntly.

“What?”

“If I was in danger, would you be willing to die to protect me?” I asked. “Have other trackers done that before?”

“Yes, of course.” Duncan nodded. “Many other trackers have given their lives in the name of the kingdom, and I’d be honored to do the same.”

“Don’t.” I walked up to him. “If it ever comes down to a situation between me and you, save yourself. I’m not worth dying for.”

“Princess, I—”

“None of us are,” I said, looking at him seriously. “Not the Queen or any of the Markis or Marksinna. That’s a direct order from the Princess, and you have to follow it. Save yourself.”

“I don’t understand.” Duncan’s whole face scrunched in confusion. “But … if it’s as you wish, Princess.”

“It is. Thank you.” I smiled at him and walked into the palace.

THIRTEEN

captive

The debris had been cleared from the ballroom, much to Tove’s chagrin, but the skylights were still covered with tarps. Tove had liked having all the junk around because it gave me something to practice on, but he decided that the tarps would be easier anyway.

Duncan had stayed away today. I think his brain was getting frazzled from me playing around with it. Since he sometimes got hit with stray brain waves when I tried too hard, we all thought it’d be best if he hung around somewhere...

Source: Read Torn (Trylle #2)(33) online free by Amanda Hocking

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Read Shopaholic to the Stars (Shopaholic #7)(7) online free by Sophie Kinsella

Read To Touch a Sheikh (Pride of Zohayd #3)(13) online free by Olivia Gates

Read Filthy Beautiful Love (Filthy Beautiful Lies #2)(12) online free by Kendall Ryan