Read A Thousand Boy Kisses(21) online free by Tillie Cole

A Thousand Boy Kisses(21)
Author: Tillie Cole

Alton looked back at his daddy and his little eyebrows drew together, etching a scowl on his cute face. “He spoke to Poppy, Pappa?”

Rune’s pappa nodded his head. “He did, Alton. Poppy was his best friend. He loved her completely.”

Alton’s eyes became impossibly wide and he turned back to me. His bottom lip trembled.

“What’s wrong, baby?” I asked, rubbing his arm.

Alton sniffed. “Rune doesn’t talk to me.” My heart sank. Because Rune adored Alton; he had always looked after him, played with him. Alton adored Rune. He admired his big brother so much.

“He ignores me,” Alton said, his cracked voice breaking my heart. Alton watched me. He watched me with an intensity that I’d only ever experienced from one other person—the older brother who ignored him. He placed his hand on my arm and asked, “Can you speak to him? Can you ask him to speak to me? If you’re his best friend, then he’ll listen to you.”

My heart fell to pieces. I looked over Alton’s head at his mamma and pappa, then at mine. They all appeared hurt by Alton’s stark revelation.

When I turned to Alton again, he was still staring, willing me to help. “I would, sweetie,” I said softly, “but he doesn’t speak to me now either.”

I could see Alton’s hope deflate like a balloon. I kissed his head, then he ran back to his mamma. Clearly seeing I was hurting, my daddy quickly changed the subject. He...

Continuous reading: Read A Thousand Boy Kisses(21) online free by Tillie Cole

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Read Shopaholic to the Stars (Shopaholic #7)(7) online free by Sophie Kinsella

Read Cryptic Cravings (Vampire Kisses #8)(28) online free by Ellen Schreiber

Read Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour #1)(13) online free by Olivia Cunning