Read Shock & Awe (Sidewinder #1)(13) online free by Abigail Roux

Shock & Awe (Sidewinder #1)(13)
Author: Abigail Roux

“Nick.”

“I’m serious, Kels. I don’t want to hurt you.”

“Baby, I got two Percocet in me, I’m untouchable right now!” Kelly drawled, giving Nick’s arm a tug.

Nick put a hand over his eyes. “Please don’t remind me that you lack clear decision-making skills right now.”

“What?”

“Percocet. That’s not what I meant and you know it.”

“Is this about you and Aidan?”

“No. Sort of. No,” Nick stammered. He ran his hand over his face. “I just, this feels dangerous to me, Doc.”

“I know what this is,” Kelly grumbled.

Nick laughed bitterly. “I doubt that, because even I don’t know what this is. So let’s just leave it at this and go take a walk.” Nick moved away, leaving Kelly leaning against the railing trying to catch his breath.

“This is your fear of commitment cropping up, huh? Isn’t that usually like a fifth date thing for you?”

Nick stopped short and turned to face him.

“I call bullshit,” Kelly said. He crossed his arms over his chest stubbornly.

“Are you really psychoanalyzing me right now?”

“I know the gears in your head by name, bud. You’re not going to pull any of this shit with me.”

Nick worked his jaw and looked away.

“What are you really afraid of?” Kelly asked.

Nick glared at him, his eyes blazing briefly before he calmed again. “You know exactly what I’m afraid of.”

“The same thing that made you keep your mouth shut about Ty all those years?”

Nick’s jaw jumped as he clenched his teeth.

“It’ll never happen,”...

Source: Read Shock & Awe (Sidewinder #1)(13) online free by Abigail Roux

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Read Shopaholic to the Stars (Shopaholic #7)(7) online free by Sophie Kinsella

Read To Touch a Sheikh (Pride of Zohayd #3)(13) online free by Olivia Gates

Read Detective(21) online free by Arthur Hailey