Read Close to You (Fusion #2)(42) online free by Kristen Proby

Close to You (Fusion #2)(42)
Author: Kristen Proby

Now they’re laughing so hard that I wouldn’t be surprised if one or both of them has a stroke.

“I’m so happy that my bloodshed is funny to you.”

“Oh, baby,” Landon gasps, trying to gather himself. “I’m sorry. It’s just that it’s so horrible.”

“Horribly funny,” Kat agrees, wiping tears from her cheeks. “Damn, my makeup is a mess.”

“Yes, and my arms are a mess,” I say, which only makes them laugh more.

“Seriously, it hurts.” I pout, but I have to bite my lips because I want to bust out into laughter with them, but now it’s the principle of it all.

Jake and Max are onstage, singing one of their old hits, the restaurant is packed, and I’m back here with these two being ridiculed.

“I’m sorry, sweetheart.” Landon pulls me against him to give me a hug. “I should have gone with you.”

“Why does he like you so much and not me? I feed him! I give him a place to live. I’m nice to the little bastard.”

“He’s just temperamental,” Landon says reassuringly. “Are you set on staying through the show, or can I steal you away?”

“I guess we can go,” I reply with a shrug. “I’m not really in the mood for this anyway.”

“Come on.” He takes my hand and leads me out back where his car is. He must have swapped out the work truck earlier and come back.

“Where are we going?”

“Nowhere fancy,” he says, and takes my hand as...

Continuous reading: Read Close to You (Fusion #2)(42) online free by Kristen Proby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Read Shopaholic to the Stars (Shopaholic #7)(7) online free by Sophie Kinsella

Read To Touch a Sheikh (Pride of Zohayd #3)(13) online free by Olivia Gates

Read Filthy Beautiful Love (Filthy Beautiful Lies #2)(12) online free by Kendall Ryan