Read The Other Side of Me(8) online free by Sidney Sheldon

The Other Side of Me(8)
Author: Sidney Sheldon

"Sorry," he said, "we're full up. Try us next year."

"Next year will be too late." I stood there thinking. "Do you have a show business section?"

"A show business section?"

"Yes. Celebrities are always coming to Chicago to do shows here. Don't you have someone to interview them for the paper?"

"No. We - "

"Do you know who's in town right now, dying to be interviewed? Katharine Hepburn!"

"We're not set up to - "

"And Clifton Webb."

"We've never had a - "

"Walter Pidgeon."

"I can talk to someone, but I'm afraid - "

"George M. Cohan."

He was getting interested. "Do you know these people?"

I did not hear the question. "There's no time to lose. When their shows close, they're leaving."

"All right. I'm going to take a chance on you, Schechtel."

He had no idea how excited I was. "That's the best decision you've ever made."

"We'll see. When can you start?"

"I've already started. You'll have the first interview in your next edition."

He looked at me in amazement. "Already? Who is it?"

"It's a surprise."

It was a surprise to me, too.

In what spare time I had, I interviewed many minor celebrities for the newspaper. My first interview was with Guy Kibbee, who was a minor character actor at the time. The major stars were too important to be interviewed for a school newspaper.

I was working in the checkroom and the drugstore, I was taking the maximum number of courses at school, plus Latin, I had a job as a busboy,...

Source from: Read The Other Side of Me(8) online free by Sidney Sheldon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Read Shopaholic to the Stars (Shopaholic #7)(7) online free by Sophie Kinsella

Read To Touch a Sheikh (Pride of Zohayd #3)(13) online free by Olivia Gates

Read Filthy Beautiful Love (Filthy Beautiful Lies #2)(12) online free by Kendall Ryan