Read Reckless (Forever #6)(3) online free by Priscilla West

Reckless (Forever #6)(3)
Author: Priscilla West

The Siren picked his guitar back up and returned to the mic stand. He started another song.

I stood there watching, listening. Entranced. I was vaguely aware of other members of the band, but in the middle of such a stunning performance,, my attention only focused on him.

He sang about pain and pleasure, desperation and elation. The lyrics seemed deeply personal. I vaguely wondered whether he wrote them himself and if so, where his inspiration came from.

When the set ended, I felt emotionally drained. How many songs did they sing? Two? Twenty? I didn’t know. I only became aware of the passage of time when the music stopped.

The male Siren unslung his guitar, tossed it backward to his bandmate, and hopped off the stage to the dance floor.

Without so much as looking back toward the stage, his eyes searched the crowd and then locked back onto mine just like earlier in the set. Tension coiled in my stomach as he began taking steps in my direction.

Toward me.

I wanted to move but couldn’t; it was impossible to pry myself from his gaze. The sea of bodies, rather than mobbing him, parted to create a path between us, the burly arms of security guards keeping them at bay.

The girl I passed earlier who was struggling against her boyfriend’s grasp squeezed past security, approaching the god from his right. Another girl approached from his left. They each latched onto one sleeve and yanked on the fabric....

Source from: Read Reckless (Forever #6)(3) online free by Priscilla West

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Read Shopaholic to the Stars (Shopaholic #7)(7) online free by Sophie Kinsella

Read To Touch a Sheikh (Pride of Zohayd #3)(13) online free by Olivia Gates

Read Detective(21) online free by Arthur Hailey