Read Lullaby (The Watersong Quartet #2)(18) online free by Amanda Hocking
Author: Amanda Hocking
“You go ahead, Dad,” Harper said. “Daniel can take me home.”
Her father hesitated before nodding. “Okay. I’ll see you later, then.” He leaned over and kissed Harper quickly on the temple before walking away.
“So…” Harper said once her father had left. “Do you often peruse the obituaries for funerals?”
“No.” Daniel stepped away, walking among the headstones, and Harper fell in step with him. “I’ve actually been checking the paper a lot for any info on Gemma.”
“Oh, yeah,” Harper said. “I’ve been doing the same thing.”
“So you haven’t heard anything from her yet?” Daniel asked, watching Harper as she spoke.
“No. Alex has gotten a couple e-mails, but they’ve been false leads so far.” She sighed. “I have no idea where she is. And I don’t know what I’ll do if she never comes home.”
“I hate to break it to you, but … you’ll live,” Daniel said solemnly.
“Why do you make that sound like bad news?”
“Because I’m under the impression that you want to curl up and die,” he said. “Or at least that’s what you think you’re supposed to do if something happens to your sister. But the hard truth is that you won’t. Life will move on, and you’re strong and smart, so you’ll move on with it.”
Harper shook her head. “I can’t imagine that. I can’t ever give up on her.”
“Nobody’s asking you to give up,” Daniel said. “I’m just suggesting that you keep things in perspective.”
“How so?” Harper...
Source: Read Lullaby (The Watersong Quartet #2)(18) online free by Amanda Hocking
Comments
Post a Comment