Read Her Wicked Heart (Her Wicked Heart #1)(15) online free by Ember Casey

Her Wicked Heart (Her Wicked Heart #1)(15)
Author: Ember Casey

He’s still angry. It’s obvious without even seeing his face. There’s frustration in every line of his body. He’s cast aside the ill-fitting button-down. The shirt’s in a pile in the corner, and his torso’s completely bare. I try not to notice the way the muscles of his back contract as he holds a piece of wood in place. Or the way that tattoo across his bicep moves with every swing of his arm.

A flicker of something begins to burn in my belly, growing slowly and heating the emptiness from the inside out.

“Need something?”

I jump at the sound of his voice. He doesn’t even stop hammering, let alone turn around. So much for me being a super spy.

“You left the luncheon,” I say.

“And so you decided to follow me and make sure I’m okay? I’m touched.” He doesn’t sound particularly happy to see me.

“Hate to break it to you, but I haven’t crossed the line into ‘stalker’ just yet.” I lean against the doorway, trying to look casual. “Mr. Haymore sent me to get something from his office and I heard the hammering.”

He finally stops hammering and turns to look at me. There’s still tension in his face, but he manages a bitter smile.

“Just getting some work done,” he says. “You heard the man. Everything has to be perfect before the press people start showing up.”

He flips the hammer in his hand, but he’s not going to convince...

Continuous reading: Read Her Wicked Heart (Her Wicked Heart #1)(15) online free by Ember Casey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Read Shopaholic to the Stars (Shopaholic #7)(7) online free by Sophie Kinsella

Read Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour #1)(13) online free by Olivia Cunning

Read Cryptic Cravings (Vampire Kisses #8)(28) online free by Ellen Schreiber