Read The Gamble (Colorado Mountain #1) online free by Kristen Ashley

The Gamble (Colorado Mountain #1)
Author: Kristen Ashley

Chapter One

Timeout

I looked at the clock on the dash of the rental car, then back out at the snow.

I was already twenty minutes late to meet the caretaker. Not only was I worried that I was late, I was worried that, after I eventually made it there, he had to drive home in this storm. The roads were worsening by the second; the slick had turned to black ice in some places, snow cover in others. I just hoped he lived close to the A-Frame.

Then again, he was probably used to this, living in a small mountain town in Colorado. This was probably nothing to him.

It scared the hell out of me.

I resisted the urge to look at the directions I’d memorized on the plane (or, more accurately, before I even got on the plane) that were sitting by my purse in the passenger seat. There was no telling how far away I was and what made matters worse was that I was doing half of what I suspected, but wasn’t sure, was the speed limit.

Not to mention the fact that I was exhausted and jetlagged, having been either on the road, on a plane or in a grocery store the last seventeen hours.

And not to mention the fact that, yesterday (or was it the day before? I couldn’t figure out which in changing time zones), I got that weird feeling in my sinuses which either meant a head cold...

Read here: Read The Gamble (Colorado Mountain #1) online free by Kristen Ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Read Shopaholic to the Stars (Shopaholic #7)(7) online free by Sophie Kinsella

Read To Touch a Sheikh (Pride of Zohayd #3)(13) online free by Olivia Gates

Read Filthy Beautiful Love (Filthy Beautiful Lies #2)(12) online free by Kendall Ryan