Read Chasing Imperfection (Chasing #2)(29) online free by Pamela Ann

Chasing Imperfection (Chasing #2)(29)
Author: Pamela Ann

I pulled her silken robe to my nostrils and inhaled her scent. It was faint but it was remarkably, undeniably hers.

I woke up from the gentle strokes caressing my forehead. But my drunken state made it difficult to open my eyes so I grunted in earnest.

“Shhhhh…..rest my love,” she whispered softly, “I’m so sorry.”

Her gentle caresses calmed and comforted me. She said “my love” but I doubt that meant love.

“Stay—don’t leave me.” And go to him.

I am hurt but I know I would rather die than not have her with me. Maybe in time we will forgive each other and our misguided decisions.

In time….I can only hope.

“If that’s what you want.” It is.

I heard her shuffle and flick the lamp switch off. She hugged me from behind. She was crying softly and I was gutted hearing her soft sobs.

If I just made the right decision and told her about the blasted engagement in the very beginning….severed my ties with the Clayworths….then none of this would be happening. I wouldn’t have bedded different women and she wouldn’t have given herself to Kyle. She and I would’ve been very happy…..

The strangest thing about love is that it doesn’t stop even if disaster strikes. It engulfs you and intertwines with every single atom of your very existence.

I did this to us…. I did this to her…. I couldn’t stop the pain that was consuming us both.

But she’s here with me. Her being here is...

Continuous reading: Read Chasing Imperfection (Chasing #2)(29) online free by Pamela Ann

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Read Shopaholic to the Stars (Shopaholic #7)(7) online free by Sophie Kinsella

Read To Touch a Sheikh (Pride of Zohayd #3)(13) online free by Olivia Gates

Read Filthy Beautiful Love (Filthy Beautiful Lies #2)(12) online free by Kendall Ryan