Read The Raven Prince (Princes #1)(5) online free by Elizabeth Hoyt

The Raven Prince (Princes #1)(5)
Author: Elizabeth Hoyt

Mr. Hopple heaved a sigh. “I’m afraid so.” He pulled out a handkerchief and mopped his brow. “I am on the hunt for a new secretary for his lordship. It is not an easy search. The last man I interviewed kept blotting his paper, and I was not at all sure of his ability to spell.”

“That would be a problem in a secretary,” Anna murmured.

“Indeed.”

“If you find no one today, do remember that there will be plenty of gentlemen at church on Sunday morning,” Anna said. “Perhaps you will find someone there.”

“I’m afraid that will do me no good. His lordship stated he must have a new secretary by tomorrow morning.”

“So soon?” Anna stared. “That is very little time.” A thought dawned.

The steward was trying without success to wipe the mud from the packet of needles.

“Mr. Hopple,” she said slowly, “did the earl say he required a male secretary?”

“Well, no,” Mr. Hopple replied absently, still involved with the packet. “The earl simply instructed me to hire another secretary, but what other—” He stopped suddenly.

Anna straightened her flat straw hat and smiled meaningfully. “As a matter of fact, I’ve been thinking lately about how much excess time I have. You may not be aware, but I’ve a very clear hand. And I do know how to spell.”

“You are not suggesting…?” Mr. Hopple looked stunned, rather like a gaffed halibut in a lavender wig.

“Yes, I do suggest.” Anna nodded. “I think it...

Read here: Read The Raven Prince (Princes #1)(5) online free by Elizabeth Hoyt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Read Shopaholic to the Stars (Shopaholic #7)(7) online free by Sophie Kinsella

Read To Touch a Sheikh (Pride of Zohayd #3)(13) online free by Olivia Gates

Read Dirty Billionaire (The Dirty Billionaire Trilogy #1)(24) online free by Meghan March