Read Ready for You (Ready #3)(29) online free by J.L. Berg

Ready for You (Ready #3)(29)
Author: J.L. Berg

Her eyes became watery, and she pushed away the tears with her sleeve. “I visited my parents today.”

That was the last thing I’d expected. As we entered the hotel and made our way to the elevator, I tried to come up with a reply.

“They live here?”

She nodded. “Yes, they moved here after I left…Richmond.”

I had a feeling she had been about to say, after I left you, but I didn’t press.

“Okay, so you visited your parents. Please explain to me further, so I can understand,” I pleaded.

The elevator dinged, and we stepped out onto our floor. She fished out her key card, and I waited. She unlocked her room and stepped inside, and then I followed her inside. Our conversation wasn’t over. I closed the door behind me, and she turned, becoming aware of the very small space between us.

“I haven’t seen them in eight years,” she said.

“Eight years, Mia? Why?”

I searched her face for answers, but she wasn’t giving any.

“I wasn’t perfect anymore,” she answered.

Fuck friendship boundaries.

I took a step forward and pulled her into my arms. She came willingly, and I tried not to think about how perfectly she still molded into my body.

“Tell me about today,” I said gently.

“She didn’t recognize me,” she said into my chest.

“What do you mean?”

“My own mother. She didn’t recognize me. If she did, she pretended not to. The maid brought me in, and my mother looked up and said, ‘May I...

Read more: Read Ready for You (Ready #3)(29) online free by J.L. Berg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Read Shopaholic to the Stars (Shopaholic #7)(7) online free by Sophie Kinsella

Read To Touch a Sheikh (Pride of Zohayd #3)(13) online free by Olivia Gates

Read Detective(21) online free by Arthur Hailey