Read Fourth Debt (Indebted #5)(35) online free by Pepper Winters
Author: Pepper Winters
I spiralled into craziness.
My world reduced to blackness. Hawksridge Hall, with its sweeping porticos and acres of land, condensed into one tiny silver mask. Condensation rapidly formed from my breath. I gagged again and again.
I lost everything that made me human.
My screams turned to whimpers.
I’m going to die.
Each breath was worse than the one before. I fell to my side as vertigo got worse.
Nausea crawled up my gullet.
Do not throw up.
If I did, I’d drown. There was no way out, no mouth piece. Only two tiny nose holes that didn’t provide enough oxygen.
Images of the ducking stool came back.
This was just as bad. Just as heinous.
Claustrophobia gathered thicker, heavier, chewing holes in my soul.
I can’t stand it.
“Let me out!” The words were clear in my head, but the paddle pressing on my tongue made it garbled and broken.
The faint sounds of laughter overrode the hiss and gallop of my frantic breathing.
My hands shot to the fastenings, fighting, tugging. I ripped hair and scratched the side of my neck, doing my best to get free. I broke a nail, scrambling at the padlock. Screams and moans and animal caterwauls continued to escape.
I couldn’t form words, but it didn’t stop me from vocalizing my terror.
Bonnie kicked me, laughing harder. “I think an hour or two in the Scold’s Bridle will do you a world of good. Now be a good girl, and endure your punishment.”
The tiny bell saved me.
My heart asphyxiated all over...
Read online: Read Fourth Debt (Indebted #5)(35) online free by Pepper Winters
Comments
Post a Comment