Read First Touch (First and Last #1)(14) online free by Laurelin Paige

First Touch (First and Last #1)(14)
Author: Laurelin Paige

I swallowed. It had to be coincidental. “Mob guys can hate child molesters too.”

“Not denying that. But supposedly Nick didn’t even know James Pries was a sex offender. So why was a mafia guy taking a hit out on a child predator?”

Even though the thought had already taken up residence in my mind, I wasn’t ready to believe it. “There could be a hundred reasons. Maybe they fought over toilet paper. Maybe James fought back when Nick was making him his bitch. This probably has nothing at all to do with Amber.”

“Maybe.” Joe’s tone said he didn’t believe that for a second. “It’s just interesting considering the last man she was seen spending time with was Reeve Sallis, who also has mob ties.”

“Rumored mob ties.” Jesus, even to myself I sounded defensive.

“Yeah, yeah, ‘rumored.’” He was quiet for several seconds. “I just can’t get that picture out of my mind, the one of Sallis with Vilanakis. Not many people can get that close to Vilanakis.”

I knew the picture. It had been one of the earlier things that Joe had uncovered about Reeve. I’d seen the picture myself on the Web, but hadn’t known the significance of the second man. His name wasn’t even labeled on the post. It was a crappy phone pic taken at a family dinner and shared on a personal blog. I’d thought nothing of it until Joe had emailed it to me almost two weeks...

Source: Read First Touch (First and Last #1)(14) online free by Laurelin Paige

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Read Shopaholic to the Stars (Shopaholic #7)(7) online free by Sophie Kinsella

Read To Touch a Sheikh (Pride of Zohayd #3)(13) online free by Olivia Gates

Read Filthy Beautiful Love (Filthy Beautiful Lies #2)(12) online free by Kendall Ryan